Consultive Solutions Limited have become a carbon neutral business and joined the SME Climate Commitment, in doing so we are proud to be recognised by the United Nations Race to Zero Campaign. As a company we are committed to take action in order to halve our greenhouse gas emissions before 2030 and achieve net zero emissions before 2050.
The first stage of the Carbon Neutral journey included an energy audit to calculate our Carbon Footprint. Our calculation provides a baseline figure for year-on-year recording and reporting.
To help reduce our carbon footprint, we will:
- Comply with all current energy legislation
- Minimize waste and promote recycled products to help reduce the burden of landfill
- Make smarter, greener purchasing options
- Measure and monitor energy consumption and business travel
- Promote environment awareness and responsibility amongst our employees, and engage them with our activities
We will also offset what we cannot avoid and accelerate the transition to a low-carbon economy. We have engaged with the Gold Standard Offsetting programme which provide certified, verified and traceable projects, in order to make us accountable for our climate impact and achieve ‘Carbon Neutral’ status.
This year our offsetting is supporting the Safe Water Access in Rwanda programme, which delivers clean, safe water by identifying and rehabilitating broken-down boreholes.